Work with us
Join our team
There are currently no vacancies at AIFS.
Work with us and make a difference
Working at the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS) is much more than a job. You’ll be part of the Australian Government’s world-class research body in the area of family wellbeing. Plus, you’ll be working with like-minded people who work every day to create, translate and communicate research to make a positive difference to families.
Some of the great benefits you'll get
Staff wellbeing is important to us. We provide a family-friendly workplace that supports the wellbeing and professional development of our diverse workforce.
We’ve just voted in support of a new Enterprise Agreement, which will increase our salaries by 6 per cent in the first 18 months of the agreement.
- Some of the benefits of working here include:
- Flex leave for both full time and part time staff between APS 1-6 classification levels
- The ability to cash out or purchase additional leave
- Generous parental leave provisions
- Workplace health and wellbeing activities such as yoga, mindfulness, wellbeing sessions, flu vaccinations and a health promotion allowance.
- Christmas closedown period with no deduction from leave credits.
Our salaries and conditions of employment are set out in our Enterprise Agreement