Sports betting and advertising
- The growth of sports betting in Australia
- The growth of sports betting advertising and promotion
- Sports betting promotions embedded into live and televised sport
- Community concerns and government inquiries
- What lessons can be learned from the advertising of other potentially harmful products?
- Impacts of gambling advertising
- Impacts of sports betting advertising
- Implications for stakeholders
- Further reading
Binde, P. (2014). Gambling advertising: A critical research review. London: Responsible Gambling Trust.
Hing, N., Cherney, L., Blaszczynski, A., Gainsbury, S., & Lubman, D. (2014). Do advertising and promotions for online gambling increase gambling consumption? An exploratory study. International Gambling Studies. doi:10.1080/14459795.2014.903989.
Hing, N., Gainsbury, S., Blaszczynski, A., Wood, R., Lubman, D., & Russell, A. (2014). Interactive gambling. Melbourne: Gambling Research Australia. Retrieved from <www.gamblingresearch.org.au/home/interactive+gambling+pdf>.
Hing, N., Vitartas, P., & Lamont, M. (2014). Promotion of gambling and live betting odds during televised sport: Influences on gambling participation and problem gambling. Brisbane: Queensland Department of Justice and Attorney-General.
Hing, N., Vitartas, P., Lamont, M., & Fink, E. (2014). Adolescent exposure to gambling promotions during televised sport: An exploratory study of links with gambling intentions. International Gambling Studies. doi:10.1080/14459795.2014.902489.