Datasets and statistics
These datasets and statistical resources include information about gambling in various populations.
AGS comprises statistics on turnover, expenditure and government revenue from gambling activities conducted in Australian states and territories.
- The publication has been produced since 1984, and is compiled annually by the Queensland Government Statistician's Office in co-operation with all Australian state and territory governments.
- HILDA is a longitudinal study of Australian households overseen by the Melbourne Institute that has collected information about economic and personal well-being, labour market dynamics and family life since 2001.
- Data on gambling participation, expenditure and problems were collected for the first time in 2015.
- Data are available for purchase under individual or organisational licensing arrangements with the Australian Government’s Department of Social Services.
- Data from the Productivity Commission's National Gambling survey conducted in 1999 is available via the Australian Data Archive.
- A number of gambling-related releases have been made through the ABS relating to the size and structure of the gambling industry.
Australian Capital Territory
- Gambling data are currently unavailable on the website.
New South Wales
- Provides summary information regarding electronic gambling venues and racing, as well as liquor, across the state.
- Gambling venue data in each local government area are available upon request for a fee.
- Reports detailing the findings of gambling studies conducted in the NT are available here.
- Provides monthly electronic gambling machine data by statistical area and local government area, as well as information about gaming venues.
- Offers a range of gambling industry data across South Australia, and its local government areas.
- A range of gambling industry data for Tasmania are available through the Department of Treasury and Finance.
- Collects venue and Local Government Area (LGA) data in relation to gambling expenditure, venue location, along with information about classifications, licence, and nominee details.
- Gambling data are currently unavailable on the Department website.