Datasets and statistics
These datasets and statistical resources include information about gambling in various populations.
- AGS comprises statistics on turnover, expenditure and government revenue from gambling activities conducted in Australian states and territories.<
- The publication has been produced since 1984, and is compiled annually by the Queensland Government Statistician's Office in co-operation with all Australian state and territory governments.
- HILDA is a longitudinal study of Australian households overseen by the Melbourne Institute that has collected information about economic and personal well-being, labour market dynamics and family life since 2001.
- Data on gambling participation, expenditure and problems were collected for the first time in 2015.
- Data are available for purchase under individual or organisational licensing arrangements with the Australian Government’s Department of Social Services.
- Data from the Productivity Commission's National Gambling survey conducted in 1999 is available via the Australian Data Archive.
- A number of gambling-related releases have been made through the ABS relating to the size and structure of the gambling industry.
Australian Capital Territory
- Gambling data are currently unavailable on the website.
New South Wales
- Provides summary information regarding electronic gambling venues and racing, as well as liquor, across the state.
- Gambling venue data in each local government area are available upon request for a fee.
- Reports detailing the findings of gambling studies conducted in the NT are available here.
- Provides monthly electronic gambling machine data by statistical area and local government area, as well as information about gaming venues.
- Offers a range of gambling industry data across South Australia, and its local government areas.
- A range of gambling industry data for Tasmania are available through the Department of Treasury and Finance.
- Collects venue and Local Government Area (LGA) data in relation to gambling expenditure, venue location, along with information about classifications, licence, and nominee details.
- Gambling data are currently unavailable on the Department website.
Gambling Help Online
Want to gamble less and do it on your own?
Then the self-help Gambling Help Online program may be for you.