Datasets and statistics
These datasets and statistical resources include information about gambling in various populations. They are available to the public for use and analysis.
- Provides comprehensive statistics about gambling in Australia, ranging back to 1984.
- Information regarding turnover and expenditure is available for Australia overall as well as each state and territory.
- Data from the Productivity Commission's National Gambling survey conducted in 1999 is available via the Australian Data Archive.
- Data for this study is available in two parts - Phase One consists of a brief questionnaire, while Phase Two consists of a more detailed questionnaire of a smaller sample.
- Australia’s national statistics agency, ABS provides a range of statistical information, about economic, environmental and social issues to the public.
- A number of gambling-related releases have been made through the ABS.
Australian Capital Territory
- Is responsible for casino, electronic gambling machine, lotterie, racing, betting, and interactive gambling regulation, reseach, inquiries, and services in the ACT.
- Data and reports on gambling licences and returns are available from the Commission website.
New South Wales
- Provides summary information regarding electronic gambling venues and racing, as well as liquor, across the state.
- Gambling venue data in each local government area are available upon request for a fee.
- Where the regulator determines that venues may be identifiable, their data is aggregated with a neighbouring local government area.
- Data are reports from gambling studies conducted in the NT are available Gambling Research page of the NT Government website.
- Provides monthly electronic gambling machine data by statistical area and local government area, as well as information about gaming venues, (downloadable in PDF and MS Excel format).
- Offers a range of gambling venue data across South Australia, and its local government areas.
- Quarterly and annual data are available from 2002 to the present financial year.
- Electronic gambling machine expenditure data, gambling products and venues across Tasmania are available through the Department of Treasury and Finance.
- Collects venue and Local Government Area (LGA) data in relation to gambling expenditure, venue location, along with information about classifications, licence, and nominee details.
- These data are available for public review.
- Data are currently unavailable on the Department website, and may be made available upon request.