A selection of state, national and international organisations that provide funding for research.
Australian state governments and regulators
- Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing – New South Wales has established the Responsible Gambling Fund, which supports activities that examine the impact of gambling in NSW communities.
- Office for Liquor, Gaming and Racing – Queensland Community Benefit Funds Unit provides funding for research examining the impacts of gambling within the community of Queensland.
- Department of Health and Human Services – Tasmania provides funding for research examining the impact of gambling in Tasmania.
- Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation (VRGF) provides a range of funding programs targeted at different facets of gambling inquiry.
National and international research funding bodies
- Australian Research Council (ARC) has a number of different funding streams in which gambling research can be included.
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NH&MRC) runs a range of funding initiatives in which gambling may be included.
- National Centre for Responsible Gaming (NCRG) – USA offers a range of funding opportunities to both domestic and international researchers. These opportunities range from travel grants and post-doctoral fellowships, to seed and large grants.