Add new comment

The court may order the parties to attend meetings with a family consultant or single expert who will prepare a report (incuding for eg., a Family Report) or a memorandum to inform the proceedings. Where possible, family reports/memoranda provide evidence of the views of the child/young person in relation to relevant matters. There is also the potential for a judicial officer to meet and speak with a child or a young person directly although this is rare in practice.
Rachel Carson