NGO Library Membership Scheme
Anyone can search the Australian Institute of Family Studies Library catalogue or browse our lists of publications.
To help not-for-profit, non-government organisations (NGO) obtain access to library materials, we offer a special NGO Library Membership Scheme. This service is primarily intended for individuals who work within organisations that do not have their own library service.
You are entitled to be a member, if:
- you are a carer or a service provider in a field related to protecting children, supporting families and strengthening communities; and
- you work for a not-for-profit, non-government organisation in Australia.
Membership is free. You can:
- borrow books, reports and audiovisual materials held by the AIFS Library; and
- have up to 25 articles supplied per year from journals held by the AIFS Library. Journal publishers may impose restrictions on articles we can supply.
Complete the NGO Library Membership application form.
The AIFS privacy statement provides information on what we do with your details.
Conditions of membership
- You can borrow up to 3 items at a time.
- Loan periods are for 1 month, unless recalled by AIFS Library.
- Loans may be renewed once, as long as they are not overdue and there are no reservations on the item. Renewals can be made by phone or online contact form.
- Your item should arrive within 10 working days. If it does not arrive, please contact us. Otherwise we will assume that it has been received.
- You are responsible for the care and return of the item by the due date.
- Items not returned by the due date will incur restrictions on further borrowing.
- Items lost or damaged will incur the cost of replacement, plus an administration charge.
- Posting of items to members is free. You are responsible for the postage costs when returning items.
- Requests for copies of articles must be made for the purpose of research or study only.
- Members must handle all items (including copies of articles or published works) supplied to them by AIFS Library in accordance with the Copyright Act 1968.
- Members must request items using the declaration form. One request per form please.
Australian Institute of Family Studies
Level 20, 485 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Phone 03 9214 7888
Contact the AIFS library online