Protecting Australia's Children: Research and Evaluation Register, 2011-2015
The Protecting Australia's Children: Research and Evaluation Register is a searchable database of 943 research and evaluation projects conducted between 2011 and 2015. The Register provides a range of filtering options to enable easy access to recent research in the area of child protection.
This Register extends the earlier Register that compiled research and evaluation projects undertaken between 1995 and 2010.
The protection of children, for the purposes of this Register, is a broad topic that aligns with the National Framework for Protecting Australia’s Children 2009-2020 and covers the following areas:
- Building safe, supportive communities for children and/or families
- Support for vulnerable and at-risk families
- Prevention of child abuse and neglect, including primary, secondary and tertiary prevention
- Understanding child abuse and neglect, including research on risk and protective factors and understanding the effects of sexual abuse, emotional abuse, neglect and/or exposure to family violence
- Child protection services, systems and/or practice
- Support for children who have been abused or neglected
- Out-of-home care, including leaving care
The projects and publications included in the Register were identified through a literature search and through details provided by researchers working in the field.