Text description: Households and families
- Multi-generation and extended-family households are uncommon in Australia.
- One-person households have become more common, though the trend has been stable since 2006. There has been an increase in the proportion of older-couple households.
- Households have become smaller and more diverse over time, with increasing proportions of Indigenous and immigrant households.
- Most people report positive levels of satisfaction with their family relationships, especially with children, their current partner and parents.
- There has been a decline in families with dependent children but an increase in couple-only families, especially older couples.