The role of emerging communication technologies in experiences of sexual violence
- Executive summary
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Research design and methodology
- 3. Literature review
- 4. The social context of emerging communication technologies
- 5. The interface between emerging communication technologies and sexual violence
- 6. Current responses
- 7. Implications and future directions
- 8. Researching youth, technology and sexual violence
- Appendix A: Plain language statement provided to participants
- Appendix B: Consent form provided to participants
- Appendix C: Seeking participants flyer (key informants)
- Appendix D: Semi-structured interview script
- Appendix E: Invitation to participate in a roundtable session
- Appendix F: Invitation to youth forum on role of social networking services in sexual violence
- Appendix G: Commonwealth and state laws applicable to sexual offences featuring emerging communication technologies or mobile phones in Victoria
- Appendix H: Glossary of terminology
- List of tables and figures
Appendix B: Consent form provided to participants
Consent form for key informants/professionals participating in Australian Centre for the Study of Sexual Assault (ACSSA) Research Project "The Role of Social Networking Sites and Mobile Phone Technology in Sexual Violence".
Hereby consent to be a subject of a research study to be undertaken by researchers from the Australian Centre for the Study of Sexual Assault (ACSSA) at the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS).
I understand that the purpose of the research is to investigate how information and communication technologies are utilised to facilitate sexual violence, and explore options for legal redress and prevention strategies.
I understand that the key aim of the research is to advance understanding of the role of social networking sites and mobile phone technologies in the perpetration of sexual violence.
- That the aims, methods, and anticipated benefits, and possible risks/hazards of the research study, have been explained to me.
- That I voluntarily and freely give my consent to my participation in such research study.
- I understand that aggregated results will be used for research purposes and may be reported in academic and professional journals.
- I understand that quotes and accounts (given in the context of my participation in the research) may be attributed to me under a pseudonym (i.e., a false name), and any other potentially identifying information removed or changed.
- The material from my interview will be held securely and will not be able to be connected to me.
- That I am free to withdraw my consent at any time during the study, in which event my participation in the research study will immediately cease and any information obtained from me will not be used.
Signature: ________________________________________________ Date: ________________
Researcher: Nicole Bluett-Boyd
Phone: (03) 9214 7888/Toll Free on 1800352275. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org