The role of emerging communication technologies in experiences of sexual violence
A new legal frontier?
Research Report No. 23 – February 2013
- Executive summary
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Research design and methodology
- 3. Literature review
- 4. The social context of emerging communication technologies
- 5. The interface between emerging communication technologies and sexual violence
- 6. Current responses
- 7. Implications and future directions
- 8. Researching youth, technology and sexual violence
- Appendix A: Plain language statement provided to participants
- Appendix B: Consent form provided to participants
- Appendix C: Seeking participants flyer (key informants)
- Appendix D: Semi-structured interview script
- Appendix E: Invitation to participate in a roundtable session
- Appendix F: Invitation to youth forum on role of social networking services in sexual violence
- Appendix G: Commonwealth and state laws applicable to sexual offences featuring emerging communication technologies or mobile phones in Victoria
- Appendix H: Glossary of terminology
- List of tables and figures
Appendix D: Semi-structured interview script
ACSSA Research Project titled "The Role of Social Networking Services and Mobile Phone Technology in Sexual Violence".
Key informant semi-structured interview script
- In relation to the use of information and communication technologies in facilitating sexual violence, what kinds of trends are you observing?
- Are there any specific types of activity that are increasing? Can you give a specific example?
- Are there any specific types of activity that are decreasing? Can you give a specific example?
- Why do you think this is the case?
- How are you able to respond to this activity?
- Under what circumstances are you unable to respond?
- In what way does the current legislative framework assist or hinder your response or ability to respond?
- In what way does your organizational structure assist or hinder your response or ability to respond?
- What is it about this kind of technology that poses a challenge for your work?
- Why is this a challenge?
- What are you observing about challenges for other related sectors?
- What would assist you in being able to respond to this activity?
- Why might this assist?