Senior Support Specialist, Information Management and Technology
APS Level 5-6; Full-time or part-time (minimum 0.8 FTE); Ongoing
An exciting opening has arisen for a Senior Support Specialist to join the Information Management and Technology team (IMT). This is not a traditional helpdesk role involving taking calls and solving staff technical issues via the telephone. This is a multifaceted role where you will have the opportunity to learn, expand your knowledge and support a variety of technologies and devices. We encourage face-to-face interactions with staff as well as communication via MS Teams, email and telephone.
You will need to be a friendly, positive person with a can-do attitude, be patient and have a willingness to guide and educate in response to staff challenges with policies and procedures. Resilience and flexibility in the face of changing demands is a must. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
The IMT team is responsible for the delivery of strategic and operational IMT programs and activities that support the achievement of the Institute’s business objectives. We pride ourselves on our friendly, responsive, solution-driven approach.
We are the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS), the Australian Government’s key independent research body and advisor in the area of family wellbeing, based in Melbourne’s CBD. We produce research about ‘what works for families’ and make it accessible to decision makers, practitioners and the general public.
Requirements to be successful
The Senior Support Specialist, IMT position will provide services by delivering essential day-to-day support for all staff of the Institute. Essential skills include:
- Stakeholder management and the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to configure, deploy and monitor user hardware, operating systems and applications including the production and upkeep of associated documentation
- Well-developed background in supporting various technologies on Microsoft solutions including Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Windows 11
- Experience prioritising, managing and delivering support and ancillary documentation to enable maximum organisational impact
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to critically assess complex information
- A qualification in a relevant IT discipline is desirable
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in a similar role
- Exceptional customer representative experience in a similar technical role considered highly advantageous.
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager, this position is required to:
- Manage the life cycle of AIFS client hardware and software.
- Work closely with stakeholders to support key AIFS research objectives by identifying and implementing technical solutions for projects.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports to IMT management and other key stakeholders.
- Support the rollout of new applications and services.
- Manage user and network administrative solutions including Active Directory, Microsoft 365 security and setup, Exchange, and other administration activities.
- Prioritise and manage multiple open cases at any point in time.
- Lead digital literacy uplift and features realisation of Microsoft 365, Windows 11, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint products as part of training and socialisation activities.
- Effectively establish a good working relationship with customers, key stakeholders and other professionals.
- Provide both partner and team solutions using various IMT platforms including webinar platforms, M365 and other AIFS supported platforms.
- Support presentations, podcasts and webinars for internal and external stakeholders including:
- Developing solutions for AIFS webinars including:
- Assessing potential webinar software for AIFS needs
- Providing expert technical advice on equipment requirements and improvements
- Supporting webinars during practice and actual ‘live’ sessions
- remoting into external presenters’ computers for troubleshooting
- providing consultation on equipment for external stakeholders.
- Ensure that the APS Values, Employment Principles and Code of Conduct are promoted and applied within the workplace.
- Developing solutions for AIFS webinars including:
We will offer the Senior Support Specialist, Information Management and Technology a position on an ongoing basis, full-time or part-time basis (0.8 FTE minimum). The position can be offered at an APS5–6 with a salary of $76,481 to $94,264 (full-time equivalent) plus 15.4% superannuation, depending on the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Position Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for engagement, applicants must be Australian citizens unless special approval is given. For example, applicants with permanent resident status who have applied or intend to apply for Australian citizenship may be considered for engagement.
Conditions of engagement including probation, health and character clearances (including police records check, Working with Children Check and security clearance) may apply to this position.
Working at AIFS
We provide a family-friendly and flexible workplace that supports the wellbeing and professional development of our diverse workforce. Benefits include workplace health and wellbeing activities, a healthy promotion allowance and Christmas closedown period with no deduction from leave credits. Our salaries and conditions of employment are set out in our Enterprise Agreement.
How to apply for this job
Applications close 9:00am, Monday 22 August 2022.
For further information, contact Human Resources on (03) 9214 7888.
AIFS is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, mature age people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTI+, and people with parenting and/or caring responsibilities.