Australian Institute of Family Studies
Delivering quality research on family wellbeing
AIFS research dissemination survey
AIFS is conducting a survey to gather information, comments and ideas about our research dissemination activities. We would appreciate your input.
30 July - 1 August 2014 at the Melbourne Convention Centre
Research project news
- Read about our new research projects:
Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Review and Evaluation
Forced Adoption Support Services Scoping Study
Evaluation of the 2012 Family Violence Amendments
Survey of gambling research and resources
The Australian Gambling Research Centre needs your help. Read more about the survey
- Child sexual abuse research In an effort to support the work of the Royal Commission into the Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse in Australia we have collated resources and information for victim/survivors of child sexual abuse, practitioners/service providers and those interested in finding out more about support services.
- Community beliefs and misconceptions about male sexual assault
ACSSA Resource Sheet outlines four central assumptions concerning male sexual assault, and identifies research and data that dispel these assumptions.
- Child care participation and maternal employment trends in Australia
AIFS research report explores trends in child care in Australia from 1984 to 2011, for children aged under 12 years old with employed mothers.
- Supporting healthy communities through sports and recreation programs
Closing the Gap resource sheet reviews the available evidence and identifies a list of principles of 'what works' and 'what doesn't work' to assist with sport and recreation program implementation.
- The tyrannies of distance and disadvantage
AIFS research report investigates whether the gaps in children's development in regional areas compared to children living in the major cities.