Australian Institute of Family Studies
Delivering quality research on family wellbeing
Data Linkage Integrating Authority
AIFS is now an accredited Data Linkage Integrating Authority. This means the Institute is authorised to undertake data integration projects involving Commonwealth data for statistical and research purposes.
- Beyond 18: Longitudinal Study on Leaving Care - New surveys for out-of-home care caseworkers and carers on Victoria are now live.
- New projects - AIFS is leading two new research projects funded under the inaugural grant round of Australia's National Research Organisation for Women's Safety (ANROWS).
- Families and Children Activity expert panel
- Child sexual abuse research - resources and information
- Past adoption and forced family separation
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders: Current issues in awareness, prevention and intervention
This CFCA paper aims to inform practitioners and other professionals working in a range of fields about the implications of FASD for children and their families.
- Australian Gambling Research Centre
- Family Matters 94: Families through a long lens
This issue of Family Matters presents a range of articles describing longitudinal studies being conducted on families and family wellbeing.
- Families, policy and the law: Selected essays on contemporary issues for Australia
This AIFS book seeks to explore some of the complexities that confront both those who frame social policy and those involved in the legal systems that intersect with child and family issues.