About Child Family Community Australia
The Child Family Community Australia (CFCA) information exchange’s mission is to be the primary source of quality, evidence-based information, resources and interactive support for professionals in the child, family and community welfare sector.
It plays a critical role in closing the gap between research, policy and practice. CFCA’s long term vision is to contribute to improved outcomes for children and families in need of support and/or protection.
CFCA’s products and services are designed to:
- Increase knowledge of stakeholders about the latest available research and how it can be used in their work
- Increase the use of evidence in decision-making processes by relevant policy makers and practitioners.
Papers and practice guides
Comprehensive syntheses of the evidence on a contemporary practice issue, with implications for decision making at a policy or service-system level.
Guided learning to support frontline practitioners into reflecting on a practice issue, what the evidence says, and what can be implemented into their practice.
Brief evidence-based syntheses of issues in policy and practice, with a focus on what works.
Free, live educational broadcasts featuring research and practice perspectives on issues relevant to professionals and services working with families and children.
Fortnightly electronic newsletter featuring new or upcoming CFCA product releases, AIFS updates and sector news. Subscribe to the CFCA News.
Research and information helpdesk
Free research and information helpdesk for child, family and community welfare practitioners, service providers, researchers and policy makers. CFCA can assist with enquiries related to research findings, evaluation advice and practice/policy pointers. Subscribe to the CFCA News for access.
Short summaries of external research and reports, as well as listings of sector events and professional development.
- Dr Nerida Joss - Executive Manager, Knowledge Translation & Impact
- Amanda Coleiro - Manager, Content and Knowledge
- Mitchell Bowden - Manager, Engagement and Impact
- Dr Trina Hinkley – Research Fellow
- Dr Kristel Alla – Knowledge Translation Specialist
- Anagha Joshi - Senior Research Officer
- Dr Claire Farrugia - Senior Research Officer
- Nicole Paterson - Research Officer
- Will Douglas - Research Officer