COVID-19 and family violence in Victoria 2020–21
About the Future-proofing Safety project
The Future-proofing Safety project investigated the complex and multi-layered story of family violence during COVID-19. The project aimed to take a system-wide view of service interactions for people who experienced or used family violence during the pandemic.
The survey component of the project, the Service Sector Survey, provided a quantitative assessment of the perspectives of services and practitioners together with qualitative insights on a number of key issues.
* The survey instrument captured:
- practitioner characteristics including, in non-identifiable terms, the type of service in which participating practitioners work
- participants’ views on how client experiences of family violence changed during COVID-19
- participants’ views on how client service needs changed and how services changed to meet these needs
- the strengths and limitations in the ability of participants’ services to adapt, and the strengths and limitations in the ability of the service system more broadly to adapt
- participants’ views on key elements of a disaster/crisis response plan for services.